Content Writer (100%)
Due to the global development of our company, we are looking for a Content Writer (100%), in Baar, Switzerland:
The Content Writer is responsible for conducting thorough research and interviews with internal experts for writing and producing industry reports, white-papers, case studies, and new media content types for the GMS website, newsletters and web publications and will report to the Head of Digital and Content Division.
This position requires an individual with strong expository writing and analytical skills, a team player who is also a self-starter, with a can-do attitude. An understanding of how to craft content that can communicate complex and technical information easily is desired. If you have an eye for detail, we'd like to meet you.
- Schedule and conduct interviews (physically or via Skype) with internal experts, product managers, and engineers to gain an understanding of the technical subjects, features, and functions, for topic ideation, planning, and crafting;
- Conduct additional research on industry news and trends to expand the scope of content (when necessary), and prepare well-structured content briefs for approval before writing;
- Double checking with experts on content drafts if they are aligned and accurate to the subject matter for additional inputs and approval;
- Write clear and concise copy to promote our products/services;
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles;
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic (when necessary);
- Proofread content before publication and ensure all-round consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone);
- Conduct media and industry content monitoring, identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- This includes - but is not limited to - writing, editing, proofreading of press releases, news and blog articles, short texts for social media, online services descriptions, case studies, marketing collaterals, etc. before publication.
The Successful Applicant:
- University degree required, in a related discipline preferred. Bachelor’s degree in journalism a plus;
- Professional proficiency (both written and oral) in English, Bilingual a strong plus;
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in content writing for B2B audiences;
- Experience working in international environments;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook;
- Familiarity with content scheduling and management tools – Asana, Jira, WordPress, Google Drive, etc;
- Familiarity with proofreading tools – Grammarly, Hemingway etc;
- Knowledge of digital channels such as SEO, social media, PR, and an understanding of how all of these channels work together.
- Must be a team player who is also comfortable working independently.
- Proven problem-solving skills with attention to detail and follow-up;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and organize, manage, and prioritize multiple deliverables;
- Logical thinking, ability to work with large volumes of data and information;
- Aptitude to effectively communicate with peers, senior management and partners;
- A driven, forward-thinking individual with the ability to come up with creative digital advertising solutions;
- Experience or keen interest in the telecommunications and mobile industry is a strong plus.
What’s on Offer:
- Opportunity to grow within a rapidly expanding and successful company.
- International dynamic environment
- Global projects & challenging tasks
- Attractive remuneration package
Has this unique opportunity sparked your interest? Do you bring the necessary qualifications? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
Choosing GMS, you choose progress!
Grow together with our team
Thank you. We will contact you soon.