This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous.
• Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
• Autonomous/Independent – enjoys working with little direction.
• Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
Who we are:
Founded in 2006, GMS is an international messaging service provider for mobile operators and enterprises worldwide. We provide a single point of access for messaging traffic exchange with mobile operators and enterprises and bring the mobile messaging ecosystem together.
We are pioneers in messaging monetization and leaders in the CIS region and have expanded to over 200 countries.
What you will do:
- Designing highly available data hub architectures for large-scale, mission-critical applications and high-performance-computing (HPC) workloads.
- Creating and developing reference architectures, guidance principles, proof of concept, and reference implementations for advanced analytics tools and technologies.
- Working in conjunction with Infrastructure, DevOps, Security, and Engineering groups to drive the strategy to provide stable, secure, and enterprise-class data-hub and real-time analytics systems.
- Working closely with the team which aligned to the projects’ architectural direction with domain roadmaps, standards, and reference architectures.
- Assisting C-level Management with the training and mentoring of the team members, providing guidance to other architects and engineers in the technologies being assessed and used.
- Collaborating with other teams to address upstream and downstream integration dependencies via services and SLA’s.
What we expect:
- Higher education in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics.
- 5+ years of experience in architecture or relevant Technology discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in data warehousing and in big data architecture solutions.
- Certificate from one of the Big Data vendors – Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, Databricks, Teradata will be a strong plus.
- Experience in migration to a big data platform, deploying big new data capabilities using MPP / Hadoop platform.
- Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture (RDBMS and/or NoSQL).
- Experience in architecture patterns and practices (ex. Web architectures, cloud computing, data architecture).
- Event-based/reactive architectures and message passing (e.g. message-based patterns for orchestration and integration).
- Experience in reporting and predictive modeling, business process modeling (BPM).
- Performing analysis of vast data stores and uncover insights.
- Experience in working with Hadoop ecosystem and a variety of Hadoop tools such as Hive, Presto, Flume, Storm, Kafka, Spark.
- Proficiency in one or more: Java, Python.
- Experience *SQL, Oracle, Elastic.
- Familiarity with Master Data Management.
- Data visualization, ETL tools, preferred Nifi.
What we offer:
- Multicultural & dynamic environment.
- Global projects & challenging tasks.
- One-of-a-kind company culture – a mixture of talented people with an open mindset and a great sense of humor.
- Customer-oriented culture with high respect to both internal and external customers.
- Our values – Commitment, Integrity, and Progress – are vivid in day-to-day company activities.
- Competitive salary and bonus system based on appraisal results.
- Training programs, medical insurance, English classes, and other perks and benefits.
Choosing GMS, you choose progress.