Duty Technical Support Engineer
Global Message Services (GMS) is a global messaging company with over 12 years of expertise in the industry and extensive knowledge of the messaging, traffic monetization, and customized software solutions. GMS is a one-stop shop for worldwide communications through high-quality turnkey solutions tailored to each client's needs.
Due to the global development of our company, we are looking for a full-time (100%) Duty Technical Support Engineer for our office in Baar, Switzerland:
- Providing operation of the Company technological equipment in accordance with the applicable rules and instructions;
- Providing round-the-clock monitoring of the Company’s technological equipment, its uninterrupted and high-quality work;
- Controlling the equipment parameters (power, temperature, humidity) in the limits established by the relevant operating regulation;
- Registration of customer requests in the electronic trouble ticket system, conducting their initial analysis within the area of his/her responsibility and providing answers on their request or involving the responsible persons from the Company's specialists;
- Restoring provision of services to MNOs and customers in case of an incident, violation of the normal operation of the equipment in the control periods;
- Participating in the elimination of technical problems or their escalation in accordance with existing procedures;
- Providing 1st level support for server platforms and transport network of the Company;
- Monitoring office equipment, detecting failures and deviations of the quality parameters of connection channels to the World Wide Web;
- Analyzing the quality indicators of the equipment operation and providing suggestions for the modernization and improvement of the network, followed by the execution of the specified;
Requirements (Please note that we are only able to consider EU/EFTA or Swiss citizens for this position):
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecom/IT;
- Deep knowledge of MacOS. Software installation/configuration/backup. Apple AirPort, Time Capsule configuration. Data transferring from MacOS/IOS;
- Hardware and software diagnostic of Apple devices;
- Knowledge of the principles of network equipment operation: routers, switches, channel-generating xDSL equipment, IP telephony equipment;
- Knowledge of principles and features of domain services on the Windows Server 2008/2012/2016;
- English – fluent, German and Russian will be a strong plus;
- Principles of functioning of Telecommunication technologies, Internet technologies, routing, intelligent switching, IP-telephony, VPN, and others.
- International dynamic environment;
- Global Projects & challenging tasks;
- Attractive remuneration package.
Choosing GMS, you choose progress!
Grow together with our team
Thank you. We will contact you soon.