Why SMS Short Codes and Long Numbers?
Short codes and Long Numbers are an incredibly useful tool for supporting a range of mobile marketing and customer engagement campaigns
Long Numbers are 10 to 12 digit phone numbers with an area code. They are also known as virtual mobile numbers.
Short codes are shorter phone numbers, typically around 3-4 digits long, which companies can use for bulk SMS messaging, as well as to make contacting the enterprise easier for the customer. They offer a range of uses, from TV voting to competitions to mobile advertising. Subscribers can instantly recognize a number and associate it with the company, building brand recognition and a consistent user experience. Texting to a number is also easier, improving engagement and retention in P2A scenarios like voting.
Benefits of GMS’ SMS Short Codes
- With a higher “throughput” – the number of messages that can be processed at once – you can send dozens of texts in a second. This makes SMS Short Code messaging ideal for high volume uses, especially when timing is important.
- Easy to remember: One short number for all mobile subscribers, regardless of the operator used.
Benefits of GMS’ SMS Long Numbers
- Reach more customers cost-effectively: Long numbers are cheaper than Short Codes
- Internationally available: Use a Long Number specific to each country to make users feel confident in the message
- Set up in less time than Short Codes
Use scenarios for Short Codes and Long Numbers
- Marketing campaigns
- Loyalty program member registration
- Call center or customer support phone number
- Delivery service number
Types of integration for Short Codes
Select from a range of protocol options to ensure smooth campaign integration.
- API JSON
- SMPP / SMTP
- HTTP / HTTPS
- User defined
Types of integration for Long Numbers
Using Short Codes or Long Numbers couldn’t be simpler. We help you analyse your project needs and develop a solution. Implementing and testing the technical solution can take about a week. GMS streamlines the process, interfacing with all the relevant operators, leaving you with a single point of access for your short code campaigns.
GMS will work with you to design the best communications solution for your specific needs and provide our infrastructure to implement it.
Enhance your customer engagement strategy today.Get started
Our network encompasses 900+ mobile operators, with over 240 directly connected to GMS, which grants instant message delivery to any place on Earth
GMS’ multichannel messaging platform grants you access to multiple communication channels, which can be used depending on your business needs
GMS was the first SMS services provider in Ukraine and has grown to become a recognized international messaging provider
GMS has six offices located all over the globe, and an HQ in Baar, Switzerland, meaning wherever you are, GMS is there for you
GMS sets and follows high standards of security, recognized by ISO certifications
More than 400 brands enhance their audience interaction with multichannel communications, voice and customer engagement tools from GMS
Let’s grow your business together
Contact us to find out how you can benefit from our expertise